Monday, July 8, 2013

Pinterest Monday: DIY Welcome Sign

Hi Everybody! I hope your Fourth was as fun as mine! I got to see my daughter perform in The Music Man, we spent time with friends and family, and we ate lots of good food! The highlight for me was celebrating our first Fourth at House No. 3! Is that a mouthful or what? Our back patio offers the perfect view for all the fireworks displays in the valley where we live, so the hubby and I pulled up some deck chairs, cuddled up under a quilt and watched the fireworks with the kids. Maybe next year I'll remember to snap a picture, but this year I was too busy enjoying the moment!

SO...It's another Pinterest Monday, and I thought I'd share something I made a while ago. I was inspired by this pin right here:


It's an easy project, as the instructions are simple to follow, and don't require a lot of tools beyond a saw and a drill. Here is what I did:
http://www.housenumberthree.blogspot.comhttp://www.housenumberthree.blogspot.com 
Yeah, I steal like an artist. I'm much better at taking an idea and making it my own, as opposed to coming up with an original idea. If you're skeptical of that philosophy, just think of all the Hollywood movie remakes out there! 
I'm really in love with all things turquoise lately. I like how it stands out, yet seems to go with everything! I added a crystal doorknob (purchased at Home Depot) instead of a hook, just to give it a little sparkle.
housenumberthree.blogspot.com 
Above, you can see I spent some time distressing the paint with a little sandpaper. I slapped some green over the turquoise and then sanded it off to give it a really aged look. The fence post I used came with all those little marks already made -- I think they really add some character!

House No. 3
House No. 3
I was so pleased with the way it turned out, I made one for my mother-in-law for her birthday last year. So there it is. I hope this inspires you to take a project and make it your own! Remember, just steal like an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment